Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Priorites

Every Tuesday morning I meet with my church ladies and we pray for our church, our community and each other. I am so blessed to have time with them every week where we can join our faith in agreement and see God do something amazing!

As I was having some personal time during this prayer session I really felt the Lord reminding me how important and essential my relationship is with Him. It's essential for my life, for my purpose and for all those around me because I can do ALL things through Him, as He strengthens me. But apart from Him I can do nothing, John 15:5. Nothing, you ask? Surely you can do something apart from Jesus. Yes, technically I can cook, clean and do laundry apart from Him, but those things are temporal and very short lived because there will be more mundane laundry and dishes and meals needing preparation tomorrow.

What I can't do apart from Him is bear any lasting fruit. There is an eternal quality with Jesus. Apart from Him I don't have that quality. I don't have the lasting effects of my efforts if He is not involved. Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it, Psalm 127:1.

The focus of our Christianity has got to be on our one on one time with Jesus, our prayer and study of the Word. We will not grow into a deeper relationship without it. I don't want to be stuck in the same place for the rest of my life. I don't want to be satisfied with where I am in my relationship with God in a way that doesn't propel me forward to experience more. Complacency is an enemy of relationship. Complacency says it's good enough, no need for more. If we want to be complacent let's do it with chocolate cake, not Jesus! There is so much to experience about God that there never needs to be an attitude of "good enough".

It's like marriage. Why make it to "good enough"? How many people never get past that and then wonder what they missed out on with someone else? They don't take the time to give of themselves and experience the "more" that can be. Giving ourselves to God is about more than words; it's about making our quiet time and study time a priority because as we draw near to Him, He draws near to us. We take one step but in reality it's two steps because He moves toward us. Every one step we take is doubled! God is in the business of blessing. :) And that's a whole other topic for later!

Be blessed and get into the Word and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment