Thursday, September 12, 2013

Meditate on Life today

As I sit here in my kitchen drinking my happy juice, (a.k.a. coffee), pondering the new days many events and meetings, I am desperately trying to just be still and hear God's voice. The hard part for me is being still. I've been in a lifestyle where I'm constantly "doing". Doing what, you ask? Anything and everything!

In the grand scheme, or the giant map of time, the only important thing that will remain is the relationships I've developed and put effort into. Next week no one is going to remember the  meeting about this or that, or even know how much time I've put into those meetings and upcoming events. That doesn't mean I can put little effort into my projects. My husband always says integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking. I can put the effort into them, but not the stress! The anxiety and worry has to be left out, according to Philippians 4, thanksgiving and prayer put in its place, and the peace of God will guard my heart from being overwhelmed and discouraged.

I know I've shared this scripture before, but all scripture is relevant to us everyday of our lives. We must live by it, consume it, because scripture is the Bread of Life. Do we not live "life" everyday? So it makes sense to have the Life that causes us to be able to live, right? If there is life to be read, meditated and followed you would think everyone would be on board. The Bible is looked at today as a religious relic and not the instruction book to the greatest life a person could ever have on this earth, not to mention the actual words of the Creator, Himself. Genesis says the Word is God. So many people have no idea that they're living death and destruction, the very opposite of the life Jesus came to give us.

If we don't have the Word in us we are not living! Meditate on Life today; read your Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment